top of page
  • Writer's pictureTechnihouse

Hire a Licensed Electrician For This Job

While inspecting homes, Jess and I find very frequently that the service entrance conductor (that is what the cable is called) is frayed and bare wires are exposed. Water, in turn, gets into the fuse or circuit breaker box. Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure water and electricity don’t mix?

The utility companies are responsible for the service drop, which is the cable from the pole up to the house. Once the cable touches the house, it’s called the service entrance conductor.

Shocking as it may seem, it is your responsibility to repair or replace that frayed electrical service.

As I said, DTE maintains the meter and the service drop from the pole to the service head. Your frayed service entrance must be replaced by a licensed electrician.

You’re dealing with 220-volts. If you’re talking about doing it yourself, you’re talking electrocution, not just a permanent ‘perm” to your hair. Hire an electrician.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Buying a flipped home

Pay Attention to “Flipped” Properties Before You Purchase! No house is trouble-free. This includes flipped houses that ‘look’ terrific! First, check and see if the house is a flip. Get a realtor to he


bottom of page