November is Carbon Monoxide Awareness Month
For those of you who didn’t know … November is Carbon Monoxide awareness month.
Carbon monoxide is a gas that is colorless, odorless and tasteless and can be deadly to humans and pets.
People who may be victims of carbon monoxide poisoning may be experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, headaches, nausea, confusion, weakness, and chest pain.
Having carbon monoxide detectors in your home could save you and your families lives. Kidde sells them on Amazon for around twenty five to thirty dollars. They can also be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot or Menards. The best carbon monoxide detector is the type that plugs into your electrical outlet that has a battery back-up in case of a power outage.
It is recommended to purchase at least one for every floor of your home, one for every bedroom and one for the area where your heating system is located.
Carbon monoxide is heavier than the air and accumulates on the ground so the detector should be plugged in closest to the floor.
(Photo courtesy of the Amazon website)